World Media

President Trump Posts Full '60 Minutes' Interview That He Walked Out Of

Share
President Trump Posts Full '60 Minutes' Interview That He Walked Out Of

Trump tweeted that he wanted to preempt the network's own broadcast of the interview on its "60 Minutes" show Sunday in order to reveal journalist Leslie Stahl's "bias, hatred and rudeness".

In a subsequent Twitter message, the President declared his interview with Lesley Stahl to be "FAKE and BIASED" and threatened to release a White House account of the interview before its airtime. Even before today, it seemed clear Trump objected to the interview because Lesley Stahl asked him actual questions. The White House posted it on social media after Trump complained he hadnt been treated fairly by CBS correspondent Lesley Stahl.

In the clip posted by CBS, Stahl challenges Trump when he says that his administration "created the greatest economy in the history of our country".

Florida is one of the states he nearly certainly has to win to accumulate enough electoral college votes to beat Democrat Joe Biden. The men speaking to Stahl were wearing masks.

"Yeah, we will", Trump replied before diving into a series of vague statements about what has been accomplished toward fleshing out his supposed health care plan.

"Lesley, you're discrediting yourself", he said.

The interview was taped Tuesday at the White House.

The President also told Stahl that starting the interview by asking him if he was ready for "tough questions" was "no way to talk". The president believes "60 Minutes" will cut the interview in an unflattering way and has been talking all afternoon about how to preempt the footage, said the person familiar with the circumstances, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak freely about what happened. Trump also threatened to post the entire interview before its scheduled airing on October 25.

The president and Stahl tangle over his economic claims, the size of his rallies during the 2020 campaign, and Trump's shifting stances on the use of face masks during the pandemic.

She said she was upset by how the interviews had gone. "No drama, interview was not ended abruptly and we have the receipts from the interview - all of them!"

"The interview was not that bad", a White House staff member said. "I'm looking for fairness", he says. "Not from me, the public, and I feel you didn't do that and I'm upset".

"I feel that you both have insulted "60 Minutes" by not answering any of our questions and by giving set campaign speeches that we have heard both of you give at rallies without answering our questions", she said. The president also referred to emails published by the New York Post last week showing Joe Biden stood to rake in millions from Chinese businessmen with deep ties to the Chinese Communist Party funneled through Hunter. He said he would answer the question of whether he planned to support it before the final presidential debate, scheduled for Thursday in Nashville, Tennessee.

Share