Indian dossier on Pulwama attack contains no evidence
Mar 06 2019
It was chose to speed up action against all proscribed organisations.
Addressing a news conference in Islamabad along with Secretary Interior Major (retd.) Azam Suleman Khan, Afridi said that actions were being taken against all proscribed outfits without any discrimination.
Khan said a dossier shared by India with Pakistan last week also contained names of Rauf and Hamad.
Khan, however, claimed that the Indian dossier lacked concrete evidence against any member to link Pakistan and Pakistanis with the February 14 suicide bombing in Pulwama that led to Indian air strikes on JeM's biggest training camp at Balakot in Pakistan, seriously straining bilateral ties.
When asked about the dossier on JeM handed over by India, Qureshi said, "We are examining it and we will respond accordingly".
"Actions are being taken against all proscribed outfits without any discrimination", the state minister added. The global terror-financing watchdog will complete a review in May 2019 on the basis of a 27-point action report and recommend a possible blacklisting if Pakistan doesn't comply, later this year. "This is Pakistan's decision", he said, adding that action under NAP would continue and the progress would be reviewed on a fortnightly basis. People want verified action, what action we take will be verified.
Furthermore, the reporter inquired as to why a notification was issued by the information ministry and not the interior ministry when the government's decision to reinstate the ban on the organisation was announced following a National Security Council meeting on February 21.
"From now onwards, all kinds of assets and properties of all banned organisations will be in the government's control", Faisal had said, adding that the government will now also seize the charity wings and ambulances of such banned outfits. Pakistan rejected the allegation asking India to share evidence. Meanwhile India will also keep the pressure on United Nations members to ensure that Hafiz Saeed, who is on the 1267 terror list, is not allowed to "go all over the place" and meet with Pakistani Ministers from the Imran Khan government. The Minister stressed that rule of law will be implemented in New Pakistan.
"With banned groups it will be made sure that they will be banned in practical terms also", he said.