Coronavirus: South Australia lifts lockdown early after contact tracers misled | DW
Nov 21 2020
"The Emergency Management Act requires people to provide information on request", said police commissioner Grant Stevens.
"The lie was the person claimed that they had purchased a pizza from the pizza shop, where in fact they were working there and had been working there for several shifts", the Commissioner said. "I think what we need to have as a nation is a consolidated position on what best practice looks like", he told reporters in Adelaide.
"To say that I'm fuming about the actions of this individual is an absolute understatement", he added.
'This selfish actions of this individual have put our whole state in a very hard situation.
Health officials are still trying to contact potentially thousands of others who had contact with the Woodville Pizza Bar in order to isolate people who associated with the worker.
Nicola Spurrier, SA's chief health officer, said more than 3,000 South Australians remain in isolation after more than 50 potential exposure sites were identified by authorities.
It could be the undoing of South Australia's previously flawless quarantine system - how a security guard working at the state's medi-hotels was allowed to make pizza on the side.
Stand-up consumption will once again be prohibited outdoors, and group bookings in hospitality venues will be capped at 10 people.
For six days, only one person from a household will be allowed to leave home each day, and only for essential reasons, authorities said. Religious ceremonies will be capped at 100.