The image showed powerful bands of thunderstorms around the center of circulation but the storm's eye was not visible. The system is forecast to become a hurricane but arc northward away from Southwest Florida. It had maximum sustained winds of 50 miles per hour as of the 11 p.m. advisory. Weather forecasters say that although Jose is not expected to make landfall, it will likely add misery to the already devastated island of Barbuda, which was destroyed by Irma this week.
On Tuesday, Sanders said the Justice Department "should certainly look at" prosecuting Comey. She clarified, however, in response to a question on whether she was encouraging an investigation, that "I'm not here to ever direct DOJ into actions that they should take".
The diplomatic crisis, the worst since the 1990 invasion of Kuwait by Iraq and the subsequent Persian Gulf War, has seen the Arab nations cut ties to Qatar, which hosts a major USA military base and will be the host of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Most outages were still in FPL's service area in the southern and eastern parts of Florida. In Georgia, utilities reported over 1.2 million customers without power Tuesday morning, down from a peak of over 1.4 million on Monday night.
The Met Office said: "Very strong winds with gusts of 55-65 miles per hour, perhaps reaching 75 miles per hour in exposed places, are looking increasingly likely on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning". Mr Richard Leonard, road safety spokesperson at Highways England, said: " We're encouraging drivers to check the latest weather and travel conditions before setting off on journeys, with strong winds expected from Tuesday evening until Wednesday morning ".
It's now moving north west, 285 miles from Grand Turk and Caicos - Barbuda and Antigua, after being hit by hurricane Irma , escaped the impact of Jose. Swells generated by Jose and Irma will continue to affect the U.S. East Coast, leading to unsafe rip current conditions this week. There is a 25% chance the storm will hit the United States, 25% chance it will hit Canada, and 50% chance it will spin back out to sea.