Entertainment

Will YouTube ban disgraced vlogger Logan Paul for good?

Share
Logan Paul seen last month in Inglewood Calif. came under heavy criticism for a video he posted on You Tube depicting a dead body apparently the result of suicide

Following his controversial video, the video network have put all its original projects with the vlogger on hold according to a statement, via THR.

YouTube's statement made it clear that Paul may be facing further measures following the controversy. "Additionally, we will not feature Logan in season 4 of Foursome and his new Originals are on hold".

In December, Paul uploaded a video of his trip to Japan's Aokigahara forest, widely known as the "suicide forest", and then proceeded to discuss a body he found there. He later issued two apologies and announced that he would be suspending his vlog temporarily to "take time to reflect". "Like many others, we were upset by the video that was shared last week", the post reads. After facing public criticism from those who felt YouTube didn't do enough to properly address the issue, the company released a statement on January 9 explaining that it would look into further consequences: "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views".

In a series of tweets, YouTube said that the company will be taking steps to ensure a video like this never gets circulated again.

It also said it was looking into more consequences for Paul.

Fellow YouTuber Anna Akana, who has openly discussed her younger sister's suicide on her channel, expressed her disdain for the video, saying: "That body was a person someone loved". Even though that video was deleted, Paul's vlogs of his trip to Japan, a.k.a. a crash course in the worst human behavior and quickest way to lose brain cells, are still posted on his site. YouTube also faced an advertiser backlash in 2017 over hate speech videos and how they were raking up ads from big brands.

Many of you have been frustrated with our lack of communication recently.

YouTube says he eventually took it down himself, but not before it was viewed more than six million times. Logan Paul later claimed that the monetised upload was an attempt to create suicide awareness.

Share