Entertainment

Nicole Eggert Reportedly Files Police Report Accusing Scott Baio of Sexual Assault

Share
Nicole Eggert files police report accusing Scott Baio of sexual abuse

Scott Baio spoke at the GOP national convention in July 2016 in Cleveland.

Actress Nicole Eggert has accused her former Charles In Charge castmate Scott Baio of harassing her after she alleged he assaulted her.

So far, no one is saying, especially not the LAPD. Eggert explained her allegations - that Baio molested her when she was 14, 15, and 16 during taping of their TV show.

Baio also insisted that she go to police with her claims. Since the crimes allegedly happened between 1986 and 1990, it's unknown if the statute of limitations has run out or not.

The law in California regarding sex crimes committed against a minor recently changed.

Eggert's attorney, Lisa Bloom, confirmed the filing. The Los Angeles Police department didn't confirm that Nicole had talked to them yet. She says now she was told telling the truth could jeopardize the show and everyone would lose their jobs. She believes that is the equivalent of filing a complaint and expects to be given a copy of the police report eventually.

Eggert was accompanied by Charles in Charge co-star Alexander Polinsky who, according to TMZ, told police he witnessed some of the alleged abuse first hand.

Nicole Eggert, flanked by Kevin Sorbo and Judd Nelson from the cast of 'Heartbreakers'.

Eggert said that seeing other women come forward with their stories of sexual abuse in this #MeToo era gave her the courage to speak up.

"We appreciate the Los Angeles police detectives' interest in this case", Bloom's statement continued, "and we will fully cooperate with their investigation".

Nicole Eggert reportedly has taken her complaints of molestation against actor Scott Baio to the police, after she first made the accusations public weeks ago. "We provided those names to the police today". "If anyone else has information about this matter please contact us", Bloom added.

We're told Eggert repeated her claim that Baio had sexual intercourse with her when she was 17. She also said she had always been reluctant to speak up about what she claims really happened between her and Baio because she was ashamed and embarrassed.

The actress first came forward with the accusations against her "Charles in Charge" co-star on January 28.

She also claimed that Baio threatened her to keep her quiet, saying that the show would be canceled if she told anyone about the assault. He claimed that she seduced him and it was so reasonable for him to behave the way he did.

Share