Barriss is expected to make a first appearance this afternoon at 2:30 in Sedgwick County District Court.
Barriss was released from the Los Angeles County Jail Thursday morning and was flown to Kansas.
The California man accused of making a phony 911 call that led to the fatal police shooting of a 28-year-old man has been charged with involuntary manslaughter. That player then reportedly gave the address to Barriss, who was known in the community for swatting - making false police reports in order to get officers to show up at an adversary's house.
Barriss did not immediately return a message left Friday at the jail.
Police have said 28-year-old Andrew Finch was shot after a prankster called 911 with a fake story about a shooting and kidnapping at Finch's Wichita home on December 28. But causing a false alarm is not among the "inherently unsafe felonies" listed under the state's felony-murder statute, so prosecutors sought the manslaughter charge instead, Bennett said during a phone interview. Barriss has previously been in and out of prison for other swatting incidents, as well as had a hand in bomb threats issued as recently as December, which the judge will likely take into account when issuing sentencing.
Reports say Barriss was called by someone after a feud between two Call of Duty players broke out over a virtual "friendly kill" during a game earlier that day. Finch appears to have no connection to the game or the dispute arising from it.
Eyewitness News has learned that Tyler Barriss is coming to Kansas.
An investigation is still ongoing as to other people alleged to be involved in a game online, Bennett said, adding that involves a forensic analysis of machines, phones and computers.
Calgary tactical officers descended on the neighborhood, evacuating the surrounding area before a woman at the home also called police to warn them she believed she was the target of a fake call.