Ansar al-Furqan, a Sunni jihadi group, clamed credit for the attack.
India on Thursday strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Iran's Chabahar where a suicide vehicle bombing followed by an armed assault killed at least two outside police headquarters on Thursday. Reuters could not verify their authenticity.
Bameri added that such attacks are meant to "destabilize Chabahar, Iran's largest oceanic port, and disrupt the peaceful and friendly climate in there".
Chabahar lies in Sistan-Baluchistan province which has always been a flashpoint, with Pakistan-based Baluchi separatists and Sunni Muslim extremists carrying out cross-border attacks targeting the Shiite authorities.
Earlier in the day, a vehicle laden with explosives went off close to a police headquarters in Chabahar, situated in the southeastern province of Sistan-and-Baluchestan.
An Iranian ethnic Arab separatist Sunni militant group and Islamic State both claimed responsibility for that attack.
Tehran accuses its Sunni-led regional rival Saudi Arabia and the United States of funding most of these groups, a charge that Riyadh and Washington deny. "As we've made clear in the past, such crimes won't go unpunished", Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted.
Chabahar, near Iran's border with Pakistan on the Arabian Sea, is home to a new port recently built and is an economic free zone for the country.
The top Iranian diplomat took to his Twitter page on Thursday to react to the auto bomb attack, which he said was perpetrated by "foreign-backed terrorists". Mark my words: "Iran WILL bring terrorists & their masters to justice".
India has said it is ready to invest up to $500m in the development of the port that is key to its ambitions to chart a route to landlocked Central Asian countries and Afghanistan, bypassing Pakistan. "There can be no justification for any act of terror", an MEA statement said.