Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR) shares gained by 12.71%

Boston, MA, 07/08/2013 (nysepost) – Shares of Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR) closed at $3.99 per share on Friday, rising by 12.71 percent for the day. The stock price fluctuated during the day between $3.54 and $3.99, after opening at $3.62 on Friday. Shares of Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR) have a 52-week low price of $2.45 and a 52-week high price of $10.83.

Institutional owners hold around 77 percent of the total equity capital in Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR) and there are 39.40 million shares outstanding in the market. The company recorded an average volume of trading at 616,837.00 shares per day.

Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR) is a petroleum production company which is engaged in the exploration, development and production of petroleum products in geological basins with proven active hydrocarbon systems. Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR) holds interest in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (Venezuela) owned through Harvest-Vinccler Dutch Holding, B.V. through HNR Energia, B.V. (HNR Energia) which indirectly owns 80 percent of Harvest Holding and its partner and the remaining 20 percent is owned by Oil & Gas Technology Consultants (Netherlands) Cooperative U.A.

Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR)  announced the presentation by the president and the Chief executive officer at the Global Hunter Securities 100 Energy conference held in Chicago during June 2013.Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR)   announced that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP was dismissed, andUHY LLP took charge as the company’s new independent registered public accounting firm, based on the direction and the unanimous approval from the Audit Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors.Given these actions,Harvest Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:HNR) also announced that it will drop from the matters to be voted on at the meeting proposal in its annual stockholder meeting in June 2013. The appointment of the new auditing firm was expected to be ratified in the annual meeting by its stockholders.

About the Author

Lisa Monro financial reporter NYSE post. Authors have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. This article is for information purposes only, and is neither a solicitation or recommendation to buy nor an offer to sell securities. *NYSE Post does not set price targets on securities. Never invest into a stock discussed on this website unless you can afford to lose your entire investment.