World Media

American climber dies on descent from summit of Mount Everest

Ghaziabad-Based Mountaineer Scales Mount Everest

In February, China banned non-climbers from accessing its Everest base camp in Tibet in an attempt to clean up its side of the mountain. It extends to the far reaches of Mount Everest where it's fatal.

Most people can only spend a matter of minutes at the summit without extra oxygen supplies, and the area where mountaineers have been delayed is known to many as the "death zone".

Lydia Bradey, who has just returned from scaling Everest for the sixth, says tour companies are taking too many risks following 10 deaths on the mountain in the last two months. "Death. Carnage. Chaos" is how he described things on Instagram.

"People have got a limited supply of oxygen so the more time you wait, generally you're going to turn down your oxygen to conserve it, that makes your body not able to run almost as well, so you get colder, people's brains get fuzzier, decision-making gets a little bit weaker".

His father was among the first Sherpa guides employed to help climbers reach the summit, and Mr Rita followed in his footsteps.

Each foreign climber pays $11,000 for the permit to climb Everest, which is an important source of revenue for the impoverished country.

'As I documented the team climbing the iconic step, my mind raced and empathized with every person who struggled to stay alive while undoubtedly questioning their own humanity, ethics and integrity. "Walking over bodies", he wrote in the post.

Nirmal Purja, an accomplished climber who is attempting to summit 14 peaks worldwide within seven months, was on his way down from the summit at Everest when he chose to stop and photograph the scene behind him.

"Everything you read in the sensational headlines all played out on our summit night". But Nepal's side is unregulated, and there is no cap on how many permits are given.

Lawless is missing, presumed dead.

Donald Lynn Cash, 55, collapsed at the summit as he was taking photographs, while Anjali Kulkarni, also 55, died while descending after reaching the top.

Last week, a 54-year-old man from Utah fainted from high altitude sickness at the summit and could not be revived.

"There is still a lot of garbage up there, and it will take another 3-4 years of continuous cleanup to bring down everything and ensure that expeditions do not leave anything up there", said Sangye Sherpa.